Friday, January 22, 2010

The First Retreat

Welcome to the first gathering at the Weekend Writer's Retreat. The MckLinky for this weekend will be open at 4:00pm central time. The rules for participation are simple:
  1. Write a post on your blog that shows us your original creative writing.
  2. Somewhere on your post use our button or provide a text link back to the Weekend Writer's Retreat.
    a meme for writers of all kinds
  3. Add a direct link to your WWR post, not your blog, on the current week's MckLinky.
  4. Have fun reading and commenting other's submissions and finding out what they think of your writing.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I know I said I would play, but when I got to the part where I was supposed to add your badge to Suzie's House, I balked. It's silly, I know. But putting your badge on the post felt as if I was somehow giving it away. Maybe it's because when I post a meme badge, I have usually written that particular post for the meme. Heck, most of the time when I do a post for a meme all I'm willing to concead is a link back burried at the bottom. It feels as if I'm telling my readers that I've done the Suzie's House post for you, when that isn't true. I would have no problem putting the badge on my sidebar, though.

    I suppose it doesn't matter since I missed the deadline. I'm a little ditzy, so it's bound to happen now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you'd said something sooner, it does say badge or text link, and if you really don't want to for you I'll say the sidebar is fine. I hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. putting your badge on the post felt as if I was somehow giving it away.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete